Monday, September 21, 2009

Chocolate cookie cake

Chocolate cookie cake
This is my favorite dessert. The cake is so moist and chocolaty and the icing on top makes the cake. It is so super easy and I love that it does not call for melted chocolate. I did not have buttermilk so I made my own by placing 1 T. white vinegar in a liquid measuring cup and then filling with milk until it measures 1 C. Let it sit five minutes and you have buttermilk.
Mix together in medium bowl
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Bring just to a boil
2 cubes butter
1 cup water
4 T. cocoa powder (Use heaping tablespoons and a little extra)
Pour wet mixture into dry and add
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
put into a greased and floured pan bake ( I used a cookie sheet) at 350 for 20 min.
Icing
1 cube butter
5 Tablespoons buttermilk
4 tablespoons cocoa (same as before)
1 pound powdered sugar (3 and ¾ C.)
Boil together for 2 min pour on warm cake. Some of the frosting seeps into the cake making it so moist!
Let the cake cool and the frosting harden. The extra cocoa in the frosting makes it so it has a thin crisp layer on top!

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Denise! I've missed you and your awesome recipes! This looks super yummy and I am excited to have a chance to make it (hopefully soon!)

Stina said...

I'm sorry--did you say chocolate and cookie in the same sentence? Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!! Thanks Denise, and I'm sure Brent thanks you too!