Friday, September 25, 2009

Garlic Butter Spread

I was making plain old spaghetti the other night and had a loaf of Italian bread on the table too, so I decided to jazz it up a little. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and loved it! It was super easy and I had everything in the house. I liked that I didn't need any fresh herbs too, which are nice, but expensive! I used this on the bread, but the recipe also says you can use it to brush on fish or chicken dishes too. I don't have a picture yet, because all my pictures were ugly. How do you take a good picture of garlic bread? It's all about the smell, isn't it?

Garlic Butter Spread

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened to room temperature
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt (I didn't have this so I subbed about 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp salt)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika

Combine all ingredients together and slather on your Italian bread loaf. I cut mine horizontally so I had two halves, then just put half of the garlic butter on each half. You can slice yours if you want. I won't be offended. I actually broiled my bread on low for a few minutes, but I think next time I will bake it for a little bit to let the whole thing crisp up, then put it under the broiler for a minute or two so it can get extra crunchy on top. It was really yummy and so easy!

3 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Sorry! I guess I didn't comment because you had already told me about it (stop doing that!). Anyway, thanks for posting this. I always just spread olive oil, garlic powder, and whatever cheese I have on hand. But this sounds soooooo much better! Thanks for the idea!

Denise said...

I am so lazy; I buy the frozen slices of garlic bread. I bet I could make a few batches of this and then freeze it though!

Stina said...

I may have forgotten to comment, but my thoughts didn't stray far from the thoughts of garlic butter!!! PS. Been eating Papa John's a couple times and using their garlic dipping sauce! (I'm having some sort of Homer Simpson craving moment right now!)