Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins


These muffins were served at a Relief Society farewell breakfast that a friend of mine went to. My friend said these muffins were just as good as lemon blossoms (say what?!) and although I love my lemon blossoms to pieces, I had to try them. They were really really good, perfect for breakfast. They were made into mini muffins using mini liners, although I'm sure Pam would work too. You can make them into regular muffins as well, like the recipe calls for.

Anyway, the way I made them was the way they were made at this breakfast thingy. I made them mini, dipped them into the melted butter and sugar like the recipe says to, but then I drizzled them with melted white chocolate (1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 2-3 tsp Crisco melted in the microwave). Just make sure you put wax paper under your cooling racks when you drizzle so there isn't white chocolate drips all over your counter. I don't know how long the mini muffins would take to bake. My oven cooks way hot so I never cook things as long as they say to. Just watch them. And if you are making them regular size, follow the recipe! Enjoy!

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup fresh OR frozen (do not thaw) raspberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or 3 oz coarsely chopped white baking bar)

Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar

Heat oven to 400°F. Combine milk, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in all remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries and white baking chips just until flour is moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and white baking chips.

Spoon into foil or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan.

Dip top of each muffin in melted butter, then in sugar. (After this you can drizzle with chocolate).

VARIATION:
Raspberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake: Spread batter into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; cut into squares.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Ohhh...I want to try these! Raspberries tend to be on sale right now so I'd use the fresh ones (and sneak a few for snacking!). If you say they are strong competitors with lemon blossoms then they are totally worth a try.

Destiny Rayburn said...

Trouble trouble!!! These sound very yummy and very excluded from my healthy lifestyle... LOL!

Kristi Adams said...

These do sound delicious! I am a big fan of muffins, especially on Sundays!

Stina said...

The white chocolate is making my mouth water. Excited about this!