Friday, May 23, 2008

Pinching your Pennies

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I've decided to attempt the art of couponing. There's a girl in my ward who sends weekly emails about deals and which coupons to use. And she swears by the Pinching Your Pennies website. It sorts lists by state--so wherever you are you can find the best deals. She only shops the 5 Star bargains. And she gets three newspapers each week. She doesn't clip all of them--instead she puts the whole page in a 3-ring-binder and then when the coupon comes up on the list...she clips it.

I'm very very amateur, but excited to try. From what I understand, it does take awhile to see results..but I'm excited to SAVE MONEY!!! Especially with each child I know the grocery bill keeps going up!

Anyway, thought I'd share some pointers. If you have questions or want me to forward the emails, let me know!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I've used this website in the past. You can also get coupons from boodle.com and coupons.com, sometimes they corelate with sales at Albertsons and Smiths, especially Albertson's 10 for $10 sale. I got things before for like 25 cents because of this. I normally plan my meals for the week based on coupons and what's on sale. Good luck!

Denise said...

Thanks for the website. I love to save money. I plan my menu around sales but need to do better about using coupons.