Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Indoor S'Mores

I have been craving s'mores lately and thus been wanting to go camping. Since, neither will happen soon--I gave up hope. Until, a friend brought me these. They are so yummy and taste very much like the same thing. So, if any of you need your s'more fill too--give 'em a go!

Indoor Smores
8 cups Golden Grahams® cereal (12oz box)
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup light corn syrup
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1
cup miniature marshmallows, if desired


Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13x9-inch pan. In large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter uncovered on High 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla.

Pour over cereal; quickly toss until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows.

Press mixture evenly in pan, using buttered back of spoon. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar. For squares, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days.

Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13x9-inch pan. In 3-quart saucepan, heat 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Continue as directed above.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I LOVE smores. I'm excited to try these. They sound easy to make, too. We won't go camping for a while either, so these will have to do, but I'm not complaining!

Denise said...

Yum! I will have to put it to the test. We will probably go camping soon, but with kids it is really messy! It would be nice to have a treat made up ahead of time.

Kristi Adams said...

Ever since I read this recipe, I have been craving Golden Grahams! Even the generic version are sooo good. I can't wait to try these!!