Monday, November 19, 2007

Indonesian Plank Grilled Salmon

Brent's (and Bryan's) cousin Sandy had us over for dinner and made this amazing amazing amazing dinner. You have to try it!

Indonesian plank grilled Salmon
1 fillet Salmon
1 cedar plank, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
1/4 C. butter
1/4 C. olive oil
1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. fresh lime juice
1/2 C. soy sauce
3 tsp. cornstarch to 3-4 tsp. water

Melt butter in saucepan. Add olive oil. Heat to boil. Add chili and garlic. Doesn't need to cook too long. Add brown sugar and stir. Combine soy sauce and lime juice. Add and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture. When its the right consistency; take off heat.

This is the sauce to bast the Salmon with. I cut the salmon and place on the plank. I then put the sauce all over the Salmon. I heat my grill to a medium heat. Put the plank on the grill. When I check the Salmon, I bast it again. It should take about 30-40 min to grill depending on how hot your grill is. I start my potatoes before I put the Salmon on. While it is grilling...I mash my potatoes and steam my spinach. To plate; mashed potatoes, spinach, Salmon, and don't forget to drizzle! When we have company over, I double the sauce recipe and I use two fillets. I hope this makes sense. The spinach is fresh. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Adam had a bad experience with salmon a few years ago, but maybe this one will bring him back into the salmon eating world. I am excited to try this!