Monday, February 26, 2007

Taco Burgers to Spice Up Your Night!

So I love burgers and I am so glad that Stina decided to start this blog with burgers!!! I made these the other night when I wanted burgers but didn't have any buns - but I did find a pack of tortillas in the back of my fridge! Enjoy!

1 pound ground beef
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
2 tsp cumin (if you don't have chili powder or cumin, use taco seasoning instead)
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Cheddar cheese or Pepperjack cheese

Mix ingredients, form into four burgers and cook 7-8 minutes on each side. Place cheese on top and let it melt. Place burgers in the middle of a tortilla (bigger tortillas work best). Top with grilled onions, tomato, avocado or guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Cilantro is good too (unless you are Kelli). I even like these without the tortillas on or bun or with just the burger. P.S. My blog is coming!!!

4 comments:

Stina said...

These definitely spiced up our night! Celeste, you're a genius for putting them in tortillas. I loved loved loved them and will have them for lunch again today. I loved the sour cream with them. And was thinking, you could even put sliced olives on them. Yum!

Kelli said...

I made these for dinner tonight. They were great, and I didn't put cilantro on them so that made them greater :) They're a great alternative to burritoes since that's usually what I make with all of these ingredients!

Kristi Adams said...

I must admit, I was a little skeptical of this recipe but after the rave reviews I decided to go ahead and try it...They were delicious! My husband really liked them as well. I think I'll make them for my parents when they come up in a couple weeks.

Celeste Pearson said...

Please alter this recipe however you like - whatever you like on tacos or burritos would be great in this (olives, salsa, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, whatever!) And I'm glad everyone liked them because I love them and I love to spread the love :)