Monday, February 26, 2007

Hearty Tomato Soup

I love homemade tomato soup, but this recipe ROCKS THE BOAT!! I would make it every night if my husband would let me. Try it. It's yummy!!

2 Tbls. butter
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 c. milk
2 cans condensed tomato soup
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) crushed tomatoes

-Melt butter and cream cheese in a sauce pan. Stir in garlic, basil, and paprika. Gradually stir in milk and soup. Beat with a wire whisk unitl smooth. Stir in tomatoes and stir until hot.
I like to grate cheese on top before serving.
-You can easily half the recipe for a smaller group

2 comments:

Stina said...

So I finally made this soup! Everytime I meant to, I wouldn't have the cream cheese, or the condensed tomato soup. Anyway, I love how easy it is--yet gourmet. It was a big hit with the kids (Austin ate his whole bowl--whoo hoo!!) and me and Brent. Very yummy and I'm assuming very healthy. We ate it with grilled cheese (of course).

Stina said...

PS. My parents recently made this dish too. With my mom's chemo--tomato stuff tastes divine to her. She loved it and my dad couldn't get enough of it.