Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Carrot Harvest Bars

First, sorry that all of my posts are out of order. This is another recipe from the recipe party I had the other night. There is one more recipe I need to add from the party. Second, sorry for the recipe bombing this morning. As I said in an earlier post, I fell a little behind.

These are my all time favorite fall recipe. I love everything pumpkin and I also love cream cheese frosting! This recipe has both of those! Hope you love these bars just as much as I do! Finally, sorry, but I don't have a source for this recipe because I really have been making it for years.

1/3 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Brown sugar

Beat together the butter and sugars until they are crumbly. Then add wet ingredients:

2 large eggs
2 egg whites
1-15 oz can Pumpkin puree

Blend until well combined. Add dry ingredients:

2 cups flour (or 1 1/2 flour and 1/2 almond flour)
2 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda

Stir in:
1 cup finely shredded Carrot
1/2 cup Craisins, optional
1/2 cup pecans, optional

Put batter into a 13x9 pyrex. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.

Once the bars are cooked and cooled add your favorite Cream cheese frosting. 


3 comments:

Stina said...

When recipes call for grated anything--I am ever so grateful for my food processor. I've never had something like this, so I'm excited to try something new for the Fall season.

Kristi Adams said...

Nice change from my same old pumpkin bars. These sound so good!

Denise said...

I love pumpkin and have yet to bake anything pumpkin yet! I will have to find an excuse to bake these soon :)