Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oreo Layer Dessert

I just tried this recipe for the first time and I am already in love with it. First it was super fast to whip up. Second, it is a no bake dessert. Which I love! Third, a lot of the ingredients are stuff that you have around the house already. All I had to buy were the Oreos and Cool Whips. I hope you all enjoy this fun summer treat!!

1 pkg of regular Oreos
1/2 c. of butter
1 lg box of instant chocolate pudding
2-8 oz cool whips
8 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar

Crush the whole package of cookies either with a food processor, or in a bag and a rolling pin.  Save a 1/2 c. to sprinkle on top of dessert when it's done.  Pour remaining crumbs in a 13x9 pan.  Melt butter and pour into crumb mix.  Stir it up good and press crumbs in bottom of pan to make a crust.  

Make chocolate pudding according to package directions and let it setup in the fridge. 

In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese until nice and smooth and then add powdered sugar, mix.  Then fold in 1-8 oz thing of cool whip.  

Top oreo layer with cream cheese mix, then pudding, then your last 8 oz thing of cool whip, and then sprinkle remaining Oreo's on top.  

Cover and refridgerate until ready to serve. 

3 comments:

Stina said...

Um nom nom. Thank you!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love no bake things! My house heats up so fast in the summer so this is wonderful!

Unknown said...

I made this and took it to my in-laws a couple weeks ago. It was goobled up in no time! Soooo good for summer!