Monday, June 25, 2012

Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken


Parmesan Chicken

Many of you won’t know this, but my husband, Ethan has been working Sundays for the past year. Finally after a long year of going to church alone, his schedule changed for good and I had my partner next to me for church this week. I was so excited for his first weekend off in over a year that I decided that I wanted to make a super simple Sunday supper. When I think simple, I think slow-cooker, and so I tried this recipe. This was the perfect lazy Sunday recipe! No cooking ahead, just mix, toss it all in and come home to deliciousness!!

If I were going to change anything, I would double the rice, because we didn’t think there was enough rice. The original recipe also calls for 2 cups of Parmesan, but I thought that just sounded like too much. As you can see below, I only used 1 cup of Parmesan and we loved the out-come. Feel free to redouble the Parmesan.

Ingredients:

1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
1 cups, uncooked white rice
1 cup, Parmesan
1 ½ cups Milk
2 cans Cream of Mushroom (One Chicken and one Mushroom also works)
5 boneless, skinless breast
6 Tbsp butter
Pepper to taste

(Warning: I wouldn’t add any salt to this mix. We found that between the onion soup mix, the can soups, and the Parmesan there is just enough salt already! )

Spray Slow-cooker Bowl with non-stick spray. Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl. Place Chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow-cooker. Pour soup mixture over the chicken.

LOW for 8-10 hours
HIGH 4-6 hours. Ours was perfect after 4 ½ hours

2 comments:

Stina said...

So does Ethan get every Sunday off now? I hope so! It's so lonely to go by your lonesome (way to go btw). This sounds delicious and I have needed some slow cooker recipes, especially during the hot summer months. Can't wait to try it! Thank you!

Sheral Wilson said...

Kudos to you for going alone... it's so hard!!! :D
I made this today. I had some chicken breast thawed and was thinking how boring lunch was going to be AGAIN! Then I remembered this new recipe and was so dang excited that I had all of the ingredients!! Woo Hoo!!
It was super good!!
I did it with double the rice and added a little more milk - and finished getting ready for church and headed out. The house smelled WonDerFul!! It could have something to do with fasting??? But, the best part was there were apparently hot spots in my crock pot so there was a crispy nearly burnt edge on those spots... so gross and YUMMY!!
Thanks for this one!! We'll definitely add it to the rotation!!