Monday, June 11, 2012

Chocolate Drizzled Cheesecake FIlled Strawberries

I saw a recipe for these somewhere (probably a dr. office magazine) but I couldn't find it and had no idea what was in it so I made up my own!!  These are absolutely AMAZING!!  The filling is light and not too sweet and the chocolate drizzle just tops it off.  You could also use the filling as a fruit dip if you wanted. It is extremely addicting!  I used a spatula and scraped the bowl clean!

2 lbs. strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tbls. powdered sugar
1/3 c. yogurt (strawberry, raspberry or vanilla)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Wash strawberries and hollow out center with a knife. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered  sugar and continue to beat until smooth.  Add yogurt and extract and whip for about 4 min. until light and fluffy.  Fill a Ziploc bag and snip the corner.  Fill each strawberry.
Melt chocolate chips until smooth and drizzle over strawberries with a spoon.  Refrigerate.

3 comments:

Stina said...

I bet you brought these to the ladies you visit teach. I wish you were my visiting teacher! These looks fantastic! Can't wait to make them!

Denise said...

Yum! We just picked A LOT of strwberries and can make up a few batches!

Tia said...

I can't wait to go shopping and buy some strawberries!!! This looks so good.