Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creamy Blueberry Pie



My friend in Ohio made this blueberry pie for me and it is so good - she brought it over while Jeremiah was still in Utah and besides the small piece the boys had I had the whole rest of the pie. It's best served warm. The recipe is from Allrecipes.com.

3 cups fresh blueberries
1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter

(I also added 1 lemon, juiced, to the sour cream mixture and 1 tsp cinnamon to the brown sugar/butter mixture)


Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended.

Place blueberries in pastry shell, and spoon sour cream mixture over berries. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles course meal. Sprinkle this mixture over sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. If desired, garnish with additional blueberries and mint leaves.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

YUM! I've been looking for a new blueberry recipe! The picture looks so yummy!

Stina said...

I will vouch for this recipe. It is divine! I especially loved that it had a crumble on top too. Thanks Kelli!

Kristi Adams said...

I too will vouch for this one. Blueberry pie is probably my favorite food and my husband loves it too! Thanks for sharing, Kelli!

Denise said...

Yum, I am not much of a blueberry fan but this looks really good. I need more social outings to make these desserts for. I don't like desserts just sitting in my home calling my name all day :)

Stina said...

Kristi and I were just talking about this recipe last night. It made quite the impression on us. Kristi remembers it from the Girl's night at Color Me Mine all those years ago!