Monday, May 11, 2009

Not-quite-fudge Fudge

So this isn't your typical fudge. I substituted in Hayden's primary class yesterday and the lesson was about hands. I found this recipe online for "Handy Fudge" - basically everything is thrown into a sandwich bag and you squish it around with your hands to make something similar to fudge. It isn't fantastic, but the kids had a blast. I'll definately do it again for my kids, they loved squishing it around and then eating it (although it seriously doesn't look appetizing if you know what I mean).

Also, you can totally mix it up, add nuts or chocolate chips, maybe even replace the cream cheese with some peanut butter or something.

Per bag, add:

2 oz. powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp cream cheese
dash of vanilla
2 tsp cocoa

Add everything to a sandwich bag, close it, making sure all the air is out, and start squishing!

3 comments:

Stina said...

I've made this before and I actually like it! It must be the ghetto in me, or my insane desire for chocolate. Thanks!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Is this what Olivia was talking about when she said you made "punch"? I think it sounds like a fun activity. I'm excited!

Celeste Pearson said...

THis sounds like such a great bribe to get my kids to eat dinner! And, like Stina, I think I'll eat it regardless of it's look :) I'll let you know how it goes!