Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baked Lemon Pasta


My friend posted this recipe on her blog--it's her picture too. It's from the Pioneer Woman website (not sure what that is). I had all the ingredients, so I threw it together for dinner tonight. I had it as a side dish, along with my Dutch meatballs, and peas. Even Brent liked it!!! He liked the tang. So, give it a go!

1 pound thin spaghetti (I used normal spaghetti and it was fine)
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon (you girls know how I love to sub ingredients, I just used lemon juice from a bottle and did about 1/4 cup)
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups sour cream
1/2 tsp salt, more to taste if desired
Plenty of grated Parmesan cheese
Flat leaf parsley, chopped (I used my dried parsley)
Extra lemon juice

Preheat oven to 375.

Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente (about 6 minutes).

In a skillet, melt butter wtih olive oil over low heat. When butter is melted add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.

Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake and additional 7-10 minutes. (Don't bake too long or the pasta will dry out.) When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.

Serve with crusty French bread and a simple green salad. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

I also have all the ingredients for this and it sounds sooo good! Anything is good with Dutch meatballs, right?

Kelli said...

I'll have to give this a shot, I tried a lemon pasta before and wasn't a fan but I'll try it again just for you!

Denise said...

This is on my menu for the week. I have all the ingredients!! Yum!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Pioneer Woman is a cooking blog. I've been to her site before and it looks really yummy. Anyway, this sounds so yummy. Something about lemon just screams summer to me!

Kristi Adams said...

I made this last night to go with Christina's coconut shrimp and, oh my heck, it was all soooo good! Thanks Christina! I dedicated my meal last night to you!

Stina said...

Wow! A meal dedicated on my behalf. What a honor! It should be known forever as "the Christina"!