Monday, May 18, 2009

Coconut Oatmeal

This oatmeal is to DIE for! Even my husband begs for it and after I make it I can't help but snitch in it all day long and I can't wait for the next morning so I can finish off the leftovers! It really is that good!
I think you can substitute any kind of nuts but the walnuts really are delish. My husband hates walnuts in anything else but loves them in this!

Coconut oatmeal

3 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

1. Pour the milk and salt into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in the oats, maple syrup, raisins, and cranberries. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts and coconut, and let stand until it reaches your desired thickness. Spoon into serving bowls, and top with yogurt and honey, if desired.

2 comments:

Stina said...

i'm so excited to make this! I want to make my own oatmeal, but need more than just brown sugar to make it edible for me! This sounds look cookie dough! Can't wait!!

Kelli said...

I have everything but the coconut for this recipe. It sounds delicious, a nice break from the quick breakfasts I throw together for myself. My mother in law makes an oatmeal with lemons, raisins, and cinnamon that I love, too. I need to find out how she makes it. I love oatmeal!