Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles with Nutmeg syrup

My mom made these for dinner one day while she was here and I'm still licking my lips! I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make them because they were sooooo good! The nutmeg syrup is definitely worth the effort because it makes alot and you can eat it on pancakes, french toast, ice cream or whatever.


Pumpkin Waffles

1 c. plus 2 Tbls. Flour
2 Tbls. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 c. milk
½ c. canned pumpkin
2 Tbls. butter melted

Combine dry ingredients. Combine remaining ingredients. Mix together and cook in waffle iron.


Nutmeg Syrup
1 c. sugar
2 Tbls. Flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 c. cold water
2 TBls. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

In large saucepan combine sugar flour cinnamon nutmeg and water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve over waffles.

6 comments:

Stina said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe! It sounds so festive and yummy. I'm especially excited about the syrup--a twist on a good thing. This will be so cozy especially with the cold weather!!!

Denise said...

Very festive. I love it!

Kelli said...

I'm totally making these around Thanksgiving time, maybe not Thanksgiving day, gotta save room for the big dinner, but it's too festive to pass up for Thanksgiving time.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Um... I totally want to make these, but the pancake recipe calls for "baking powder" twice. I'm assuming one should be baking soda but I don't know which quantity. Can you help me out Kristi? Thanks! These sound delicious!

Kristi Adams said...

Sorry! I was in a hurry when I posted this! You're right, it is 1/4 tsp baking soda. Happy baking!

Carissa Poyfair said...

We made these for Sunday dinner and they were so yummy! My daughter ate almost as much as I did! We didn't make the nutmeg syrup and just used plain old maple and they were still good. Thanks Kristi!