Friday, June 28, 2013

Oprah's Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie

I have discovered the benefit of adding green smoothies to my diet to sneak in extra fruits and
veggies. And while my kids have enjoyed them as well, sometimes they are hesitant about the green color. I found this recipe in my book. Not sure how I discovered Oprah's favorite smoothie recipe--but she gets the credit nonetheless. My kids love this one and so do I. It's healthy, refreshing, creamy, and yummy. Plus it uses chocolate milk. Yum!




Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie

2 cups chocolate milk (I do milk and 1/3 cup Nesquik)
2 medium bananas, cut up
2 cups frozen or hulled fresh strawberries

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve very cold (can add ice).


In case you're wondering what I put in my green smoothies--I feel like I've found the perfect combination.

1 banana -- a must for sweetness
1 carrot peeled & cut into chunks
1 cup spinach, rinsed
1 cup frozen or fresh fruit (pineapple, apples, berries)
1 cup orange juice

Do not try tomatoes. :)

Happy blending!!

1 comment:

MeganRuth said...

A carrot in your green smoothies?! I am going to try that tomorrow. You are genius!