Saturday, February 19, 2011

Palm Springs Salad

This is not really the name of the salad, but we ate it while in California. I decided to try it at home because I thought it was so yummy.

Spinach or Lettuce
Kalamata Olives (they taste like green ones so you can substitute there since they are pricey, also they usually come with seeds)
Assorted Peppers
Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing
Parmesan Cheese

Prepare the peppers with enough time to chill them before serving. Slice and saute for 3-5 minutes so they are crisp tender. Refrigerate until cool. Prepare salad and toss with olives and peppers. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese (You could even add sundried tomatoes) and croutons.Serve with dressing.

This was so good. I know it sounds a little different, but even Brent liked it!!! It's easy and gourmet. So up my alley.

4 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

This sounds really good and fancy. I love green olives and if it came from California it as to be good, right?!

Carissa Poyfair said...

What is Roasted Red Pepper dressing? Is that something you can find at the store?

Stina said...

It was just a Kraft dressing I found at the grocery store. I thought it would go well with the salad and it did. I also served Ranch and Honey Mustard--they worked too.

Denise said...

Yum, I think I will put this on this weeks menu! Thanks for sharing :)