Sunday, May 23, 2010

Texas Caviar II

I know there is another Texas Caviar post on the blog, but this one is a lot different and we here in Poyfair land LOVE it. You make it, let it sit a couple hours, and the enjoy! It is super yummy and makes a ton so it's perfect to bring to potlucks and summer gatherings along with some tortilla chips. Or you can just keep it all to yourself like we like to do sometimes. And for those of you who do not like cilantro, go ahead and add it. I don't care for it myself, but in this dish you can't really taste but it really makes the dish amazing.

Texas Caviar II
1 can white shoepeg corn

1 can black eye peas
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
**rinse first then throw in bowl

3 avocados - diced
3 tomatoes - diced
1 red onion - diced (amount can be up to you. I only use 1/2 to 3/4)
1 green pepper - diced
1 bunch of cilantro – rinse and chop

Mix everything then squeeze 1 lime and 1 tsp. of vinegar and let sit for a couple of hours. Serve with tortilla chips. We like the small bite sized ones the best but that's just our preference.

**I also add salt to mine. I just toss some in and stir then taste it and add more if I need. I think it needs it but it's up to you.

2 comments:

Stina said...

Variation is always a bonus. I love Texas Caviar. It's fun to get creative. Thanks for reminding me of Kelli's (which I love). And, I'll definitely try yours too!

Kristi Adams said...

This looks really yummy. I've never thought of using all those different kinds of beans in it! And I love avacado in anything!