Thursday, December 18, 2008

Buckeyes

I made these to take to neighbors for Christmas and Christina fell in love! So, here's the recipe, Stina! They are VERY addicting! Merry Christmas!

Buckeyes:

2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar,sifted
4 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips (or another kind of dipping chocolate)



DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.

3 comments:

Stina said...

I am so so excited you posted these! I was telling Brent about them and he was mad I didn't bring any home from your house! He said, "Kristi & I are peanut butter buddies and she didn't even make me any???!!!" He almost called you. But, posting this recipe--I'm sure he'll forgive you. If I have gained another 10 pounds at my next appointment (in 2 weeks) I'm blaming you!!!

Denise said...

Yummy! I have all the ingredients and we might get snowed in this holiday season. Perfect thing to make with the kiddos.

Stina said...

I like these better dipped in chocolate almond bark (is that what it's called?). The almond bark is crisp right out of the fridge--which Brent loves! I ran out and used semi-sweet chocolate chips. The chocolate melted and I didn't like the flavor as much. Definitely a keeper in my recipe book!