Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Strawberry Breakfast

This isn't so much of a recipe, but an idea. Strawberries are quite cheap right now, $1.50 for a container at most stores around here, and we buy them in bulk. I created a breakfast the other day that is to die for. We have it almost daily:

2 slices whole-grain bread per person (or your favorite bread)
About 8 strawberries per person, washed, hulled, and sliced
Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)

Toast bread. Spread immediately with Nutella (the heat from the toast helps melt it slightly). Top with sliced strawberries. Enjoy!

A similar version would be to toast the bread, top with the strawberries and sprinkle with chocolate chips, and broil. You could broil the Nutella version. The strawberries have this great flavor when heated. Just don't burn. =)

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yum! My mouth watered just reading that. It's like dessert for breakfast. And I just bought some Nutella so I'll have to go get some strawberries.

Kristi Adams said...

ok ,this sounds really good. it sounds like something I could eat before I go running in the morning. Anything beats peanut butter toast!

Stina said...

I'm so making this! I absolutely adore Nutella! Thanks!