Friday, April 18, 2014

Coconut Mango Rice

I almost forgot how to post a recipe its been so long!  This is a recipe I had been wanting to try for a long time.  I don't even know where I heard about it but it is so easy I didn't need to write it down.  It's just been in my head all this time:)  This rice is very sweet and you don't have to add the mangos if you don't have them.  The coconut rice alone is delicious.  So, next time you have left over rice give this a try!


Mango Coconut Rice

1 c. canned coconut milk
6 Tbls. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. cooked white rice
1 mango, chopped (optional)

Simmer coconut milk, sugar, and salt together stirring constantly.  About 3 minutes.  Add cooked rice and mix to combine.  Let sit so the rice can soak up the liquid.  Add chopped mangos right before serving.  Yummo!!

2 comments:

Stina said...

Thank you! Thank you! Coconut screams summertime. I can't wait to try it!

MeganRuth said...

Yum! We had a rice like this at a Thai restaurant and it was amazing! Every time we tried to recreate it it was no bueno. I can't wait to make this one. Thanks!