Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fettucinni Alfredo

I got this recipe from a lady in my ward. I was put in charge of all the food for our Relief Society Christmas dinner, but the Enrichment counselor didn't want the ham and potato dinner that was customary for this kind of event. She wanted something different. I asked around and Carissa gave me the idea for a pasta bar. How fun! We had three different kinds of pasta and 3 different sauces - meat sauce, pesto, and alfredo. The alfredo was a hit and everyone wanted the recipe, not knowing just how easy it was.

Fettucinni Alfredo

1 8-oz cube cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup milk (or more depending on desired texture)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the cream cheese and butter until melted and mixed. Whisk in milk slowly, adding more or less depending on how thick you want your sauce. Off the heat, add the Parmesan cheese. Add more to taste.

Toss with cooked fettucinni noodles. I always add cooked chicken and frozen peas to the dish.

3 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

Mmmm... Cream Cheese AND Butter!! A match made in belly heaven! Thanks for sharing - I'm going to try this very soon, like before my yearly January first diet!! :D

Kristi Adams said...

This looks really good. I love the peas in it...they add color AND nutrition! I haven't made fettucinni alfredo in a long time so I will have to try this recipe!

Denise said...

I love the idea of a pasta bar! We love fettucinni in our house. My kids love pasta and I am sure they will love this recipe.