Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Go-To Cupcake recipe

I can't take credit for this recipe. My friend had this "doctored up" version on her blog and now it's the only way I make cupcakes. Super sweet and so yummy and moist, not dry like normal cake mixes. My only complaint is that they fall flat, which I've noticed happens more if I whip the batter too much so try to stir just until the ingredients are fully blended.

No matter, though, since I cover them in homemade cream cheese frosting and you can't see the tops anyway. And no picture, since you all know what cupcakes look like :) Maybe I'll post one later when I'm not so lazy.

Cake Mix (any brand, any flavor)
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1 small box instant pudding (to match your cake mix, like vanilla for yellow or vanilla cake, or chocolate for chocolate cake. I've never made any other kind of cupcake, though, so I don't know what to do with red velvet mixes. I wonder what banada pudding would do to a cake mix though....)

Mix all together and bake according to package directions. These actually make like 25-26 cupcakes.

3 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

You use melted butter? Oops :) Whenever I've made these I thought you were supposed to make it according to box directions, and then add the sour cream and pudding. But they always turn out. Anyway, these are my favorite "box" cupcakes! Thanks for putting it on the blog so I can have easy access to it instead of calling and harrassing you for it :)

Stina said...

This is great. I need go-to recipes, especially since I don't plan ahead like I should lately... Thanks Carissa!

Denise said...

Sounds Great...love that you start with a cake mix!