Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cream Puff Cake


This recipe is from my Taste of Home magazine and I made it for my grandparents when they came for dinner on Sunday. It was delicious! My neighbor actually brought me cream puffs the same day and, I think, this was much better. Plus, you don't have to fill individual cream puffs!

Ingredients

* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 eggs
*

FILLING:
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
* 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used a 1/2 pint of real whipping cream and beat it with a little sugar, vanilla, and almond flavoring..I HIGHLY recommend it!!)

Directions

* In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny(I used a hand mixer and it worked fine).
* Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 22-26 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
* For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over the crust; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 15 servings.



4 comments:

Stina said...

Oooh. This sounds so yummy! I just love desserts that are so light and I love pudding.

And how the heck do you get a neighbor to bring you cream puffs? That's just unfair! You should have shared the love!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Every time I see the blog I see this picture and it makes me sooo hungry. I am waiting for a reason to make this. Wait, I don't need a reason! I'm just going to make it!

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey Carissa! You know where I live :)

Denise said...

Wow, looks fabulous. I think I will wait for a reason to make this or I will eat it all by myself! Can't wait to make this for Easter brunch!